Those who love Kelty’s packs might want to know that there exist two new series launched in January 2017, Kelty Revol and Reva packs, the former for men and the later for women.
Kelty Revol and Reva packs – common features and differences
The common features in both series
Both series share the same features in the design which is rather minimalist, unusual for Kelty. The most important features include the following:
- Kelty’s PerfectFit suspension system. This is not new, the system is used in several other models, like Redwing 50, in the Catalyst series, and in the Coyote packs.
- Adjustable torso length.
- The suspension of the packs is based on a peripheral aluminum frame and an HDPE back panel.
- Front pocket with organization.
- Front shove-it pouch.
- External hydration sleeve.
- Great padding in general, both on the harness and on the hip belt.
- These packs have zippered dual hip belt pockets.
- All packs are the top-loading type, with the classic lid and collar underneath it.
- They all have a sleeping bag compartment with a unique U-shaped zippered entrance. Note, this is not the usual inverted U-shape.
- All packs have grab handles, one on each side.
- Kelty has never been particularly great in colors of their packs. The same is here, only two color combinations are available.
- None of them has a rain cover.
- None of them has side zippered pockets.
The Revol is a series of packs for men in two volumes, 50 and 65 liters. Reva packs are for women, and with the volume of 45 and 60 liters. Therefore, the dimensions of the two series are different as well as the weight. Apart from that, Reva is a women’s specific design with more padding, with a narrower and shorter harness, and with slight differences in the hip belt shape. Here are some data:
- The torso fit for the Revol packs is in the range 15.5 – 21 inches (39 – 53 cm).
- For the Reva packs, the torso fit is in the range 14.5 – 18.5 inches (37 – 47 cm).
– Revol 50: 4 lb 2 oz (1.87 kg).
– Revol 65: 4 lb 3 oz (1.9 kg).
– Reva 45: 4 lb (1.81 kg).
– Reva 60: 4.06 lb (1.84 kg).
– Revol 50 (L x W x D): 30 x 12 x 9 in (76 x 30 x 23 cm).
– Revol 65: 30 x 12 x 10 in (76 x 30 x 25 cm).
– Reva 45: 28 x 12 x 9 in (71 x 30 x 23 cm).
– Reva 60: 28 x 12 x 10 in (71 x 30 x 25 cm).
As you see, in spite of a minimalist design, the packs are not particularly lightweight, but indeed they are not so heavy. The Revol pack 50 and Revol 65 are described in detail in my separate reviews, so please have a look. There are also reviews of the Reva 45 and Reva 60 in this site.
Regarding the price, presently all packs are with the price tag in the range $200 -220.