This site is all about providing first-hand information about mountaineering, climbing, and hiking routes, as outlined in my About page. So all my texts follow this principle, and all photos about mountains are my own.
Obviously, my experience is limited and I cannot provide enough information. So you are welcome to become a climbing Guest Author. The only condition is that the text is original and not a duplicate text, and it must be your personal first-hand experience. This can be any mountain in the world, and any kind of route (mountaineering, hiking, hut to hut route, day route to hut, etc.).
You feel you are not a good writer? Perhaps English is not your native? Well, I am not a writer myself, I am a physicist, and Serbian is my native language. So no worry, compose a text and I shall help if necessary and if you ask me, otherwise, it will remain as you write it. This is about providing useful information for those who go to mountains. When I plan a route, I try to find personal stories abut it, and I am happy when I find any.
How this is going to work
The idea is to provide useful information for readers, so it should not be complicated, here are some suggestions:
- Make a file in any editable format, in MSWord, Notepad, etc, and send it to me. It does not have to be big, any text in the range 300 – 3000 words is good, but if it is bigger this is not a problem. Just to be able to compare, this invitation here is a text of 440 words.
- Photos are most welcome as usual, they provide useful information. So prepare some, they should not be big, say maximum 1000 pixels width, but in any case, I can make them small myself.
- If you have a YouTube video, please provide a link.
- If you have made a Google Map for the route, this is great.
- Any other additional information is also welcome.
- I shall be happy to add your photo at the beginning of the text.
- Your name as the Guest Editor will be clearly indicated.
In this text, you can see one great example, a text added to the site by Martin Olsen.
So please share your experience, and thank you in advance. I am looking forward to hearing from you. Check also my Reddit pages and feel free to add there whatever you have related to those mountain ranges: