Osprey UNLTD Series is built beyond traditional manufacturing technologies for, as they claim, the ultimate backpacking experience through a new era of design and technology.
The letters UNLTD stand for Unlimited, and this applies to 4 packs in their new AirScape and AntiGravity series shown in the picture:
As you realize from the picture, these are gender specific packs so you have separate AIRSCAPE 68 packs for men and for women, and ANTIGRAVITY 64 packs for men and women.
The former has nothing to do with the AirScape back panel used in many of their existing packs. The latter should not be mixed with the earlier Osprey Antigravity packs. It is a bit surprising that they did not invent some new names after investing so much time and money in developing these new packs series.
They claim this is their pursuit of new concepts and designs based on new technologies like 3D printing that they were developing in the past two years. The packs are built from a super-strong high tenacity fabric.
Please see what Osprey’s owner has to say about these packs:
Osprey AIRSCAPE 68 packs for men and for women
Here are some of the most important and advanced features that you will not find in any other packs on the market.
• A high carbon stainless steel frame.
• A polycarbonate vacuum formed framesheet that supports the load, see the picture below. It manages support, fit and ventilation with thermo-formed air channel ribs on the backpanel.
• A removable 8L top lid that converts to a fully functional 18L daypack. This feature is not new, they have it in some of their existing packs, but the overall here design is different.
• AutoLift System to automatically adjust harness length, plus a Fit-On-The-Fly hip belt for in-the-field fine adjustment.
• A unique 3D Printed Fitscape lumbar with carbon DLS technology for supreme ventilation, fine-tuned support and anti-slip grip. It includes 3 layers and zones of resistance shown in the picture.
Osprey ANTIGRAVITY 64 packs for men and women
• These packs are with an anodized 7075 aluminum frame.
• Top lid here converts to a fully functional lumbar pack.
• Similar as above, the packs are with an innovative AutoLift System to automatically adjust harness length. They also have a Fit-On-The-Fly hip belt.
• 3D Printed Fitscape lumbar with carbon DLS technology for supreme ventilation and fine-tuned support.
These packs are now available on the market, you can order them from Osprey US and also from Osprey EU. Please read more about the Airscape packs in my separate text Osprey UNLTD AirScape 68 Pack for Men & Women. Check also my text about Osprey UNLTD AntiGravity 64 Pack for Men & Women.
You might want to read also my comparison Osprey UNLTD AntiGravity 64 vs Osprey UNLTD AirScape 68 Packs. Thank you for reading. Let me know if you have questions or comments, there is a comment box below.
Leave a Reply