The Osprey Talon Pro 30 pack for men is ultralight and versatile with an adjustable torso length, external reservoir sleeve, helmet attachment, and much more. Keep reading.
Key features & benefits
- Ultralight Nanofly high-tenacity nylon.
- BioStretch harness.
- AirScape back panel.
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment.
- External reservoir sleeve.
- LidLock helmet attachment.
What this is about
Here is a pack from the completely new Talon/Tempest Pro series that includes two packs for men and two packs for women, the Talon Pro 30, Talon Pro 20, Tempest Pro 28, and Tempest Pro 18. So this Talon Pro 30 pack for men is the largest in the group.
All of them are clearly daypacks suitable for practically any outdoor activity and for travel as well. They build this Talon Pro 30 in two sizes L/XL and S/M, you will see the numbers below.
It is designed with a zippered wide-mouth, bucket-style main compartment opening that allows for easy access to the interior. You have an external hydration sleeve located behind the harness, see the picture below.
This is a pack with a LightWire peripheral frame combined with their AirScape injection-molded, die-cut foam back panel shown below, covered by a mesh. This creates very moderate breathability but this is a close-to-body fit and the pack is flexible to move with your body and to reduce fatigue.
The harness is what they call the BioStretch flexible die-cut EVA foam design with a continuous lumbar-to-hip belt wrap. You have adjustable load lifter straps and a sternum strap with an emergency whistle. So all standard elements are available in this small pack.
In spite of its size, this pack has a full set of no less than 9 pockets plus the hydration sleeve. So you have the following:
- One large stretch pocket is on the front (picture below). It is secured with a buckle on the top. It is wide enough to put your jacket or anything similar.
- There are two top zippered pockets, one inside with a key attachment clip (shown above) and one outside (see below).
- There are two stretch pockets on the shoulder straps (one shown below).
- Two large zippered pockets are on the hip belt, one is shown below.
- You also have dual side stretch mesh pockets.
Attachment elements and straps
- The pack comes with dual side compression straps shown below, the lower is InsideOut type. They are narrow but strong.
- There are two tuck-away type loops on the bottom for poles or for ice axes, and they are paired with bungee cords higher on the pack. See below how this looks in practice.
- The pack also comes with features for cyclists, so you have a blinker light attachment on the bottom plus a LidLock helmet attachment shown below.
- Stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachment is also there.
- A grab handle is on the top.
They use advanced strong but thin Nanofly fabric that integrates ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE) ripstop and 100D nylon. This is a remarkably abrasion-resistant material, and it is also bluesign-approved and recycled, and with a PFC-free DWR coating.
Please see more about the Talon Pro series in this video:
- Two sizes.
– L/XL: 2.53 lb (1.15 kg).
– S/M: 2.42 lb (1.1 kg).
– L/XL: 1831 in³ (30 l).
– S/M: 1709 in³ (28 l).
- Dimensions (L x W x D):
– L/XL: 24.41 x 11.42 x 10.24 in (62 x 29 x 26 cm).
– S/M: 22.44 x 11.42 x 10.24 in (57 x 29 x 26 cm).
- Torso fit range:
– L/Xl: 19 – 22 in (48 – 56 cm).
– S/M: 17 – 20 in (43 – 51 cm).
- Fits waist/hips:
– L/XL: 30 – 46 in (76 – 117 cm).
– S/M: 28 – 42 in (71 – 107 cm).
- Recommended maximum weight: 25 lb (11 kg).
- Warranty: Osprey All-mighty.
Final thoughts, rating, pros & cons
So you have seen it, this Osprey Talon Pro 30 Pack for Men is incredibly nicely built, functional, and versatile. I must stress that there are a few features that are missing, and the price is steep. But this is a top-quality product from one of the best-known brands in this industry. Fully recommended.
Please see how this pack stands against my usual rating criteria used for the packs so you can easily compare them:
You might want to see also my Osprey Stratos 24 review. For more options check in the category Day Packs. There is a comment box below so let me know if you have a question or comment. Have a nice day.