Keen Targhee II Mid hiking boots for women have been on the market longer than a decade now. They are very popular and reliable boots, most suitable for long hiking tours and for outdoor works.
Place to buy
- The best place regarding the price and shipping conditions is usually Amazon.com.
Keen Targhee II mid for women is ranked number 1 in ‘Hiking Boots’ on Amazon, and number 5 in ‘Ankle & Bootie’. Apart from this, these boots are ranked on the position 3 at the Outdoorgearlab site as a Best Buy tool. So this is a very popular best-selling peace of a hiking equipment, and there are many good reasons for its high ranking.
These are mid-cut boots with a distinctive design, great for 3-season hiking but very useful in the urban environment as well. The boots are incredibly lightweight for mid-type boots. They are only some 50-60 grams heavier than the corresponding Keen Targhee low-cut shoes. They are also considerably lighter than Lowa Renegade GTX boots or practically any other top ranked boots for women.
The top is waterproof nubuck leather and a nylon mesh, accompanied with a waterproof KeenDry breathable membrane which you have inside throughout the boot. The collar is pleasant and well padded, and it gives a quite good ankle support.
The lacing is with 4 pairs of webbing nylon eyelets, plus one extra lock on the top, see the pictures. The tongue is full-length gusseted, so you can be sure that water will not come in for the full height of the boot.
There is a strap which goes around the heel section and it is connected with laces, see it in the pictures below. So when you tighten the laces, the back section is pulled forward. This locks and secures the heel.
You have a rather unique pull loop on the back (shown in the picture above), and a similar loop is also on the tongue, visible in the first picture above. This makes it easy pulling the boots on.
The toe section is bulky and wide, suitable for wide feet, and protected by a rubber cup. A similar protection you have in the heel section.
The inside cushioning is nice, and you have a removable footbed. It has a dual density compression-molded EVA midsole.
The sole is a thick rubber bur really flexible. It wraps up around the heel for extra protection. The lugs on the front are with triangular edges, designed to dig in, for an increased traction, see the picture below. The description ‘non-marking rubber’ which you have here, implies that it does not leave black marks on the floor.
Here is a short video (53 s) about Keen Targhee II Mid Hiking Boots For Women, have a look:
Technical specifications & summary of features
- Weight per shoe depends on the size; average 14.2 oz (402.6 g).
- Best use: outdoor activities, hiking.
- Women-specific fit.
- Calf circumference: 24.13 cm (9.5 in).
- Shaft height: 14.61 cm (5.75 in). The measurements vary by size, these are for women’s size 4.5 UK (37.5 EU).
- Fit tip: this model is running a 1/2 small. Suggested ordering a 1/2 size larger than your usual size.
– Upper: waterproof nubuck leather and textile.
– Lining: KEEN.DRY waterproof breathable membrane.
– Removable dual density EVA footbed.
– Dual-density compression-molded EVA midsole.
– Sole: non-marking rubber outsole.
- 4 mm multi-directional lugs.
- Hydrophobic mesh lining.
- Contoured heel lock.
- Torsion stability ESS shank. Metatomical foot bed design, women’s specific. This internal support mechanism is anatomically engineered to provide excellent arch support and cradle the natural contours of the foot.
- Colors: 10 different available at Amazon!
Pros & cons; users’ experience
These boots have been on the market for a long time, on Amazon from January 2004, and you have many reports everywhere.
See below how Amazon users rated women’s Keen Targhee II mid shoes, impressive 4.7/5, and see the statistics about the fit:
If you are truly interested in buying these boots, I warmly recommend that you have a look into these field testing reports. There are 4 of them, and they provide a truly reliable first-hand information about women’s Keen Targhee II mid hiking boots. These are serious testing in all possible field conditions and over extended periods of time. I myself always read there about various pieces of equipment before going to buy them. I have a lot of trust in those reports.
The reports are extensive and detailed. If you have no time to read, here are just a few lines about what I have found written there:
- “Nothing” (in Cons, report from 2008).
- “Overall, I consider these to be excellent boots.” (report form 2015).
- “I am impressed by these boots, which are lightweight and yet have very solid construction. I was able to immerse my boots in just under 4 inches (10 cm) of water and had no leakage.” (another report from 2015).
- “I don’t have much else to say, other than I’m nothing but satisfied with them and I’d suggest anyone looking for a lightweight, versatile mid-cut boot to check these out.” (yet another report from 2015).
Below I give a summary of possible cons and pros:
I hope this text has been helpful. It will be great if you share it with others. Please check the links above for the latest updates about the price. I doubt you will find a better price anywhere else.
Thank you for reading. I shall be happy to have some comment from you; there is a comment box below. I wish you a pleasant day.