Big Agnes Copper Spur UL3 mtnGLO tent is an award winning tool which features patent-pending mtnGLO™ tent light technology. Yes, you are reading correctly, this tent has LED lights which are integrated into the tent body.
This is a 3-season true freestanding ultralight backpacking tent for 3 people.
Where to buy
- The best place regarding the price and shipping conditions is usually Amazon.com.
It is natural to start with the integrated lights which is a unique feature of this tent. the LED lamps are embedded into seams of the tent. The light can be set to full power and to 50 percent, it is durable and flexible, made properly to stand repeated pitching and stuffing of the tent. The system is powered by 3 AAA batteries.
The pole system is similar to several other Big Agnes series. It includes a central pole which splits into 2 poles at both sides. This is what gives the true freestanding properties to Copper Spur UL3 mtnGLO tent. The poles are made of DAC feather light NFL aluminum.
In addition to this, there is an additional pole which crosses the structure at the highest point of the hub, and it is used to attach two sides of the tent, you can see this in the picture. This results in almost vertical sides of the tent, which gives a lot of space not only on the floor but also at the head height.
Both the floor and the fly are ultralight silicone treated nylon rip-stop with a 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating.
The body of the tent is ultra-lightweight nylon ripstop and polyester mesh, so no worry about ventilation and condensation.
- My rate: 9.0/10.
Please have a look in this video about Copper Spur UL3 mtnGLO tent:
Copper Spur UL3 mtnGLO: technical specifications
- Trail weight: 3 lb 12 oz (1700 gr). This implies poles, fly and tent body.
- Packed weight: 4 lb 2 oz (1871 gr). This includes poles, fly, tent body, stakes, guy lines, stuff sacks, instructions, and packaging.
- Fast fly weight: 2 lb 14 oz (1304 gr). This implies leaving the tent body at home and pitching a shelter with the footprint, fly, poles and stakes.
- Footprint weight: 9 oz (255 gr). Sold separately.
- Floor size: see the picture. You will notice it is the same size as Big Agnes Copper Spur UL3.
- Packed size: 6.5 x 21.5 in (16.5 x 55 cm).
- Floor size: 44 sq ft (4.1 sq m).
- Vestibule size: 9 sq ft (0.8 sq m).
- Head height: 44 in (112 cm).
The most important features
- Three season, free standing, ultralight backpacking tent.
- DAC featherlite NFL pole system, made from TH72M aluminum.
- 8 mesh pockets and two media pockets.
- 2 doors.
- 2 vestibules with single stake outs and storm flaps over zippers.
- 8 superlight aluminum J-shaped stakes.
- Floor and fly ultralight silicone treated nylon rip-stop with a 1200mm waterproof polyurethane coating.
- Mesh body.
- DAC twist clips attach tent body to the pole frame.
- Reflective guyline and reflective webbing on tent corners.
- Seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane tape.
You may want to compare Copper Spur UL3 mtnGLO tent with yet another 3-person from the same company, Big Agnes Copper Spur UL3, which is a very similar model, slightly lighter and less expensive, but without the light technology of course.
To conclude this text about Big Agnes Copper Spur UL3 mtnGLO tent, this is a great tent with a lot of features which you will not find elsewhere. Using it, and pitching it up together with kids is a great fun. My overall feeling about it I express through this:
I hope this text has been useful to you, if so please share it with others.
Thank you for reading. I shall be happy to read your comments in the box below.