Gregory Swift 25 pack for women is a hydration pack from a new 2018 series which comes with a bonus 3-liter hydration reservoir included. This is an ultra-lightweight backpack for fast and light day tours and for commuting.
Key features & benefits
- Ultra lightweight pack.
- Great price.
- Hydration reservoir included.
New Gregory Swift packs – what is this about
The Swift packs are the women-specific design from the new Inertia & Swift series that Gregory launched in 2018 for men and women respectively. You have three packs in each of the two subseries, with 20, 25, and 30 liters. They share the same features, but there are the differences which include the following:
- There are two side straps on each side in the 25 and 30 liters packs, as compared with one strap on the 20 liters pack.
- The smallest 20 liters pack’s hip belt is just a strap while the larger packs have some padding on the hip fins.
- The 20 liters pack is with the weight capacity 9.1 kg (20 lb) while the two larger packs are with 11.3 kg (25 lb) weight capacity.
- The remaining differences are just the dimensions summarized in this table:
- 1220 in³ (20 L)
- 1.32 lb (0.6 kg)
- 18.1 x 11.25 x 8.25 in
- 1526 in³ (25 L)
- 1.54 lb (0.7 kg)
- 18.1 x 11.75 x 9 in
- 1831 in³ (30)
- 1.63 lb (0.74 kg)
- 18.1 x 11.8 x 11.4 in
Please see more about the Gregory Swift packs in this short promotion video:
Gregory Swift 25 hydration pack – who is it for
The Swift 25 is a panel loading type so it looks like an ordinary pack for around town use, with a long zippered entrance to the main compartment. But it has several extra features that make it suitable for light and fast outdoor day tours, it also comes with a hydration reservoir for such days in Nature. When not needed, you can remove it and use its sleeve for your computer and use the pack for commuting.
Overview of features
Being a women-specific pack, it has the shoulder harnesses contoured in such a way as to fit the female figure, see the picture below. Also, the hip belt is with the design that fits women’s hip angles, and the back panel is built a bit narrower as compared with the Inertia 25 pack for men.
The suspension system
This is a frameless design, no metal frame here, but the pack is small and this should not be a big deal. You have a back panel covered with a mesh, so there is some ventilation here but you should not expect too much from it. The shoulder harness is with S-shaped anatomical straps and you also have an adjustable sternum strap; all this is visible in the picture below.
On the hip belt you have lightly padded fins, completely enough for the pack of this size, but there are no usual hip belt pockets, pity. There is no torso length adjustment, this is one size pack, but some minor tuning is possible with the load lifters shown in one of the pictures below.
A hydro reservoir is included
The pack comes with this bonus reservoir which adds value; if you would order it separately you would pay around $36. I already mentioned above that you have a separate compartment for the reservoir, so this is a nice design and you do not have to mess with the other stuff in the main compartment when you have to refill it, see it below.
The reservoir is BPA-free and you have a handle for an easy use when refilling, plus what they call the SpeedClip system. The bite valve is magnetic for an easy attachment to the sternum strap.
Pockets & compartments
There are 4 pockets here:
- Two side stretch mesh pockets. Here you can keep large water bottles and keep them in place with the side straps, or you can carry any other item like a tripod, etc.
- One very large stretch mesh front pocket with a buckle on the top. Here you can carry anything you want to have at hand, like a windproof or waterproof jacket.
- One zippered pocket for your smartphone or glasses is on the top.
There are 2 compartments: the earlier mentioned hydration compartment plus the main compartment, both with long zippers.
Attachments & compression elements
- You have 2 compression straps on each side, they are visible in the pictures. With this you can cinch the pack, but it is small in any case and you would probably not need them for such a purpose. But you can carry some items in the side pockets and then fix them with these straps.
- The pack is also with a pole attachment loop on the left side and it is paired with the bungee tie-off higher on the pack, it is shown in the picture below.
- There are a couple of attachment webbings on the top.
Good and less good features & rating
Here is my short summary:
- Ultra lightweight.
- Very versatile.
- Great price.
- Bonus reservoir.
- No rain cover.
- No torso adjustment.
- No frame.
The price & rating
The Amazon price for this pack at the moment of writing this text is around $100. I already mentioned the price of the reservoir, so if you subtract it, you get $65 for the pack alone and this is a fair price for such a pack. Note also this is an Amazon Prime item. See how I rate it:
My rating breakdown of the Gregory Swift 25 backpack
- Type: daypack for women.
- Best use: hiking, around town use, travel.
- Capacity: 1526 in² (25 L).
- Weight: 1.54 lb (0.7 kg).
- Dimensions: 18.1 x 11.75 x 9 in (46 x 30 x 23 cm).
- Torso fit: 16 – 19 in (41 – 48 cm).
- Waist/Hips fit: 27 – 45 in (68 – 114 cm).
- Maximum weight: 25 lb (11 kg).
- Fabric: 210D Honeycomb CryptoRip nylon.
Gregory Swift 25 backpack vs Competitors
In the table below I give this Swift 25 pack with two other top-notch packs from some other brands, all the models for women,
see how they compare and check the features which you need. Please follow the links in the table to check for the latest prices.
COMPARE PACKAGE FEATURES
Padded hip belt
Pole attachment loops
Hip belt pockets
Payable Every Month
Payable Every Year
Payable Every Year
The Gregory Swift 25 pack for women is a hybrid which includes the features from both worlds, for outdoors and around town use. You will not always use the reservoir, but this is a true bonus; you can always add it to any of your larger packs as well.
Gregory is a reliable brand and they only build backpacks, and they have been doing this for decades already. So you know what you buy when you purchase an item from such a company. This is a reliable and quality pack, but as I pointed above, it lacks some features that are important to me but perhaps not so essential to you. You have seen some alternatives in the comparison table above, and many more are available in my page with packs below 35 liters, so have a look. Note again, they have the corresponding Inertia 25 pack for men with the same features.
Please use the comment box below in the case of questions or comments. Have a nice day.