Gregory Juno 20 Pack For Women is the smallest pack from the new series launched recently. This is a very lightweight technical high-quality hydration daypack which comes with an integrated 3-liter reservoir.
Benefits & bonuses
- Bonus reservoir & magnetic bite valve.
- Strong steel frame.
- Great suspension.
- External reservoir sleeve.
- Very lightweight.
- Holder on the shoulder strap for glasses.
- Reasonable price.
Juno 20 – women-specific hydration daypack
The Juno 20 daypack is a women-specific design. So the shoulder harness is with a good EVA foam padding and profiled for women’s body shape. The torso length is appropriate for women’s body length.
This pack comes with a true bonus, a 3-liter hydration reservoir stored in its own separate compartment. So equipped, this is a small daypack suitable for any light and fast outdoor adventure.
This is the smallest Vaporspan pack in the series of three packs, quite technical and with many useful features needed outdoor. It is a panel-loading type, which means you have a long zippered entrance to the main compartment.
The suspension system is very advanced, based on a 4 mm spring steel wire and a HDPE sheet. So this is quite a strong structure for such a small pack. Note that the torso length is not adjustable. The system includes the following features:
• Vaporspan ventilation system – it uses a unique leaf-spring lower back lumbar design for a perfect lower back fit, yet in the same time, it keeps the ventilated back panel very low profile resulting in a maximized interior capacity and a minimum weight.
• Moisture-wicking technology which provides a very cool and comfortable back panel performance in all weather conditions.
• Ultra- cush shoulder harness mentioned above, with top-tier EVA foam for a long-lasting comfort.
The adjustable sternum strap is in place and load-lifters as well. The hip belt is wide and with just a bit of padding, quite enough for this size.
• This is a 3D Hydro reservoir featuring Gregory’s proprietary 3D QuickDry soft-molded technology, integrated drying hanger, and an anatomical fit.
• It stores in a separate compartment with the SpeedClip mounting system. You can see it in the picture below. This system allows for a one-handed, snap-and-go reservoir installation, and it also stabilizes the weight in the center of the back.
• You have a magnetic attachment system on the sternum strap for the water hose shown below; it allows for one-handed magnetic buckling of the strap, and it is combined with the integrated magnetic linkage for the DryLock bit valve.
See a bit more about the reservoir in this video by Gregory:
- On the hip belt, you have quite large dual zippered pockets, suitable for small items and for a smartphone.
- Two surprisingly deep stretch mesh pockets are on the sides. Here you can put water bottles or any elongated item and fix it with the compression straps.
- One large stretch mesh pocket is on the front. This is a very useful storage space for things used on the go, like a jacket, gloves, a cap, etc.
- One zippered mesh pocket with a key clip is in the main compartment, see it in the picture.
- A soft-lined zippered electronics pocket is on the top, also shown below.
Compression straps and attachment tools
- You have one compression strap on each side, to compress the pack or to fix in place things stored in the side pockets.
- On the bottom you have dual trekking pole attachment loops; they are paired with bungee tie-offs higher on the pack.
- The pack comes with a quick-stow system on the left shoulder strap for glasses, for a quick, secure and scratch-free way to store them on the go.
Here is a short promotion video by Gregory, please have a look:
- Best use: hiking, mountaineering, travel.
- Gender: women’s pack.
- Type: panel-loading hydration pack.
- Weight: 2.2 lb (1 kg).
- Volume: 1220 cu in (20 l).
- Maximum weight: 20 lb (9 kg).
- Dimensions: 19.25 x 11.25 x 8.75 in (49 x 29 x 8.75 cm).
- Torso length: 36 – 48 cm.
- Hip belt fit: 66 – 114 cm.
- Warranty: limited lifetime.
- Frame: 4 mm spring steel and HDPE.
– Body: 210D CryptoRip nylon.
– Base: 420D polyester.
– Lining: 135D HD polyester.
Summary, rating, pros & cons
To summarize this Gregory Juno 20 Pack For Women review by stressing again that here you have a top-quality daypack from a world-famous brand which is specialized in building only backpacks. So you can be sure that nothing can go wrong with this tool. The included reservoir adds value and functionality to this already great pack. Fully recommended.
For my tours in the Alps, the rain cover is a must, but this may not be essential for you. If you need it, you can order it here. Note that the reservoir alone would cost you around $24 if you would order it separately. In view of this, I would say this is very reasonable for such a quality item. See how I rate this pack:
You might want to compare it with yet another hydration pack from the same brand, the ultra-lightweight Gregory Swift 20 Women’s Hydration Pack. Note that there is a bigger pack from this series presented in the site, the Juno 25, so please have a look if you want something bigger.
In the case of questions and comments, please use the comment box below. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.