Gregory Juno 25 Hydration Pack For Women is from a new series of packs which come with an integrated 3-liter reservoir and a great price tag. This is a very lightweight pack with a steel frame and a ventilated back system.
Benefits & bonuses
- Bonus reservoir.
- Steel frame.
- Great suspension.
- External reservoir sleeve.
- Magnetic bite valve.
- Very lightweight.
- Sunglasses holder on the shoulder strap.
- Reasonable price.
What is in the name
As the name suggests, the Juno 25 daypack is a women-specific design. This implies a shoulder harness width and padding appropriate for women’s body shape, and the same holds for the hip belt design. The torso length is also appropriate for women’s body length.
The pack is hydration-type, which means it comes with its integrated 3-liter hydration system. In view of the size and features, this is a great daypack for any light and fast outdoor adventure.
Overview of features
This is quite a technical pack with many useful features needed outdoor. It is panel-loading type so you have a long zippered entrance to the main compartment.
The suspension system is very advanced, based on a 4 mm spring steel wire and a HDPE sheet. So this is quite a strong structure for such a small pack. Here you have what they call the VaporSpan system with moisture-wicking technology, the suspended mesh keeps the pack away of the body, allowing the moisture to escape.
Very good and ventilated padding is in the shoulder harnesses, with EVA foam and mesh. You have the sternum strap and load lifters as well, see the picture below. The hip belt is with a bit of padding as well, enough for this size.
There is a separate zippered compartment with the SpeedClip mounting system for the 3D 3-liter Hydro reservoir shown below. This is a BPA-free Gregory’s proprietary QuickDry soft-molded hydration system with a built-in handle, an integrated drying hanger, and a magnetic DryLock bit valve on the water hose which can be routed along any of the shoulder straps.
A bit more about the reservoir you can see in this video by Gregory:
- The hip belt is with two zippered pockets which you can see below.
- Two deep stretch mesh pockets are on the sides.
- One large stretch mesh pocket is on the front.
- One zippered mesh pocket with a key clip is in the main compartment.
- A soft-lined zippered electronics pocket is on the top.
Compression straps and attachment tools
- You have dual compression straps on each side, so use them to fix things stored in the side pockets, or just to cinch the pack in the case of a small load.
- Dual trekking pole attachment loops are on the bottom, and they are paired with bungee tie-offs higher on the pack.
- On the left shoulder strap, you have a sunglasses quick-stow feature for a quick and secure way to store them on the go.
Here is a short promotion video by Gregory, please have a look:
Pros and cons
Here is my short summary:
The rain cover is missing. It may not be essential for you, but if you need it, you can order it here.
At the moment of writing this text, the Amazon price for this pack is $130. In view of the included reservoir, this is very reasonable. Note that the reservoir alone would cost you $24. Here is my rating of this pack:
My rating breakdown of Gregory Juno 25 daypack
- Best use: hiking, mountaineering, travel.
- Gender: for women.
- Type: panel loading hydration pack.
- Weight: 2.4 lb (1.09 kg).
- Volume: 1526 cu in (25 l).
- Maximum weight: 25 lb (11.3 kg).
- Dimensions: 20.25 x 11.25 x 9.5 in (51 x 29 x 24 cm).
- Torso length: 36 – 48 cm.
- Hip belt fit: 66 – 114 cm.
- Warranty: limited lifetime.
- Frame: 4 mm spring steel and HDPE.
– Body: 210D CryptoRip nylon.
– Base: 420D polyester.
– Lining: 135D HD polyester.
Gregory Juno 25 vs Competitors
See how this great pack compares with some hydration packs from top brands, all are with the reservoir included. Please follow the links to see more.
*Hydration bladder included.
The prices of the three packs are, respectively, $130, 145, 100. They change all the time, so please check the links.
In the conclusion of this Gregory Juno 25 Hydration Pack For Women review to stress again that this is a very sturdy pack which will easily support loads for which it is designed. This is a quality tool and the included reservoir only adds to its value. I trust the brand, Gregory is known for their top quality packs, and I can fully recommend it. If you need a smaller pack from the same series, check this Juno 20 pack.
Note that they have a similar pack for men, under the name Citro 25, so have a look.
If you are still undecided, please have a look in my page with packs below 35 liters, there are many great models presented in detail. In the case of questions and comments, please use the comment box below. Thank you for reading and have a nice day.