In this Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 review, I present a super light (hence SL in the name) 3-season, freestanding backpacking tent for 2 people, and also the solo version.
This is a two-layer tent, with the mesh body which offers an excellent ventilation.
Big Agnes Seedhouse series is made in the size for 1, 2, and 3 people. The first two are presented in this review.
Big Agnes Seedhouse SL 2 tent
Best place to buy
- The best place regarding the price and shipping conditions is usually Amazon.com.
The tent body is lightweight nylon and polyester mesh, which provides an excellent ventilation. It comes with two pockets on each side. The tent has a D-shaped zippered large entrance.
It comes with DAC feather lite NSL poles, with press fit connectors and lightweight hubs. They are made from TH72M aluminum which is the latest technology in lightweight tent poles with an improved durability.
The fly and the floor are lightweight silicone treated nylon rip-stop with a 1200 mm waterproof polyurethane coating.
Other features include:
- Storm flap over vestibule zipper.
- All seams taped with waterproof, solvent-free polyurethane (No PVC or VOC’s) tape.
- 11 superlight aluminum J stakes.
- Reflective guyline and reflective webbing on tent corners for nighttime visibility.
- Color: titanium green.
My rate: 8.7/10.
- Trail weight: 2 lb 9 oz (1162 gr). This implies poles, fly and tent body.
- Packed weight: 3 lb (1361 gr). This includes poles, fly, tent body, stakes, guy lines, stuff sacks, instructions, and packaging.
Fast fly weight: 2 lb (907 gr). This implies fly, poles, and footprint, see it in the picture right.
- Footprint weight (sold separately!): 5 oz (142 gr).
- Height: 43 in (109 cm).
- Foot height: 21 in (53 cm).
- Packed size: 5 x 18 inches (13 x 46 cm).
- Length: 84 in (213 cm).
- Head width: 52 in (132 cm).
- Foot width: 42 in (107 cm).
- Floor: 28 sq ft.
- Vestibule: 8 sq ft.
Note, if you want to read more about 2-person tents you may find 14 of them in my another review.
- This is a 2-person tent but in my view, this is too small for such a purpose, you will feel quite cramped here. A similar objection I have for many tents of that type, see the list given for comparison below.
Here is a YouTube video showing how to set up a Big Agnes Seedhouse SL tent:
Big Agnes Seedhouse SL1 Tent
This is a solo version with completely the same features as SL2 version, and with only differences regarding the price and some technical features, as listed below:
- Trail weight: 2 lb 2 oz (964 gr).
- Packed weight: 2 lb 9 oz (1162 gr).
- Footprint weight: 4 oz (113 gr).
- Fast fly weight: 1 lb 10 oz(737 gr).
- Length: 90 in (229 cm).
- Entrance width 43 in (109 cm); foot width 31 in (79 cm).
- Packed size: 4 x 17 in(10.2 x 43.2 cm).
- Floor area: 22 sq ft.
- Vestibule area: 5 sq ft.
- Head height: 38 in (97 cm).
- Foot height: 16 in (41 cm).
My rate: 8.7/10.
- It is considerably heavier than some other models presented within this site, see below.
Where to buy
- Check at Amazon.com.
I hope this Big Agnes Seedhouse SL2 review was useful to you. This is a good tent, and I myself would use any of the two models presented here, but the 2-person model I would preferably use as a solo tent.
You might like to compare this tent with:
As for the solo version, I ranked it lower than the other brands given in the list here; this is mainly due to its weight. Compare its 1182 gr with 935 gr of the Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 tent, or with 910 gr of Nemo Hornet 1P tent. For more information about solo tents, see this review with a long list of them.
Thank you for reading. It will be great to have some comment in the box below.