Thermos Stainless Steel King 16 Ounce Food Jar cranberry color is a great piece of equipment to write about. This is a 0.47 liters double-wall vacuum insulated jar for carrying food, suitable for numerous activities, like mountaineering and climbing, biking, to use at work or when traveling, and for kids in schools.
Where to buy
- The best place regarding the price and shipping conditions is usually Amazon.com.
Construction and materials
The double wall technology used here is known as Dewar flask or Dewar bottle, invented as long ago as in 1892. So you have two bottles, one inside another and connected at the neck area, and with a partial vacuum in the space between them.
This is the same what you have in Thermos King 40 ounce bottle described in my another post.
On the top, you have a beautifully designed external stainless steel cap (see the picture right) which you can use to drink from it. When you remove this upper cap, below it, you will find a foldable 3-segment spoon, placed into the internal cap which seals the jar. This is visible in the picture below.
You can pop the spoon out and unfold it. When you open it, you will see that it is slightly larger than a teaspoon.
Next, you remove the internal cap, which is equipped with a rubber seal, and you have access to the inside area of the jar.
This jar will keep your stuff hot for 7 hours, and cold stuff will remain cold for 9 hours. But this may also depend on the kind of food you have. If you have a soup inside, it will still be warm after 12 – 14 hours.
To have the food warm for such a period of time, it is best to first pour a boiling water inside and keep for a few of minutes. After that remove the water and add your food.
Technical specifications & summary of features
- Best use: mountaineering, hiking, biking, at work and when commuting or traveling, for kids in schools.
- Volume: 16 oz (0.47 L).
- Size: 3.7 x 3.7 D x 5.6 in (9.4 x 9.4 x 14.2 cm).
- Material: durable stainless steel interior and exterior.
- Extra wide top opening.
- Compact and insulated stainless steel serving bowl.
- Thermos™ double wall vacuum insulation for maximum temperature retention, hot or cold.
- Full-size folding stainless steel spoon.
- Cool to the touch with hot liquids, sweat-proof with cold.
- BPA free! This abbreviation stands for Bisphenol A. Thermos has made a commitment to make BPA-free products.
- What is in the package: it comes nicely packed, with a short instruction manual in several languages, and with the spoon in the cap.
- The jar described here is cranberry color just because I like it. But you have also midnight blue and matte black:
Some pros and cons
From the picture here on the right, you may see how greatly this jar is rated by Amazon customers. More than 1900 out of 2537 gave it 5/5 rate.
I have seen numerous videos and reports on many sites, and the rating on Amazon totally makes sense to me. There is no point of describing what people say, I warmly suggest that you follow the Amazon link given below and see yourself.
But I love this comment in particular: “My daughter, the most finicky eater on the planet, comes home every day with her thermos completely empty. In fact, she brags that by the time she opens it, it is still steaming!“
There are also some complaints, natural when you have so many reports. I have summarized pros and cons here:
King 24 Ounce Jar
The jar presented above may be small for some, no worry there exists Thermos Stainless Steel King 24 Ounce Food Jar as well, have a look here. So this is a 0.7 liters jar with completely the same features, but note this difference: it keeps hot food 9 hours hot, and cold food 12 hours cold.
The best price to order this item is in the links given here, so please check for updates.
I hope this text has been useful to you. If this is so, please share it with others through social media; the icons for some of them are available below.
It will be great to have some comment from you; there is a comment box below.
Have a nice day!