The North Face Osito 2 jacket for women is an enormously popular piece of garment, presently occupying positions 1 and 2 on Amazon, for fleece and for jackets. There is a huge amount of reviews by customers, more than 1300 so far. This is a new and redesigned version of the previous popular model The North Face Osito. Read more below.
- Incredibly soft and cozy.
- Very warm.
- The fabric stretches, so it is good for layering.
- A huge number of colors to choose, around 80 in total.
- If you already have a North Face shell jacket which has an extra zip for layering, you can zip this fleece jacket in, and have a great 3-in-1 jacket combination.
The North Face Osito II – description
This is a full zip jacket, with two zippered hand-warmer pockets. It features a high-pile Silken fleece, very soft and pleasant on touch. You have a super stretch design at the cuffs, which is there to protect you from the cold. The same purpose is for the drawcord on the hem, and the oversized collar for tucking the chin in when it is cold. When you are out in the cold you will be able to appreciate these features.
Because of its silken structure, you will feel great wearing just a t-shirt underneath it. But note that this is not a technical jacket, so breathability is not its best features. Its initial version, The North Face Osito jacket, used to have side panels which were helping a bit in ventilation, but this version does not have them.
The Osito 2 jacket belongs to the category of heavyweight fleece jackets, so do not be fooled with some descriptions available on the Internet where it is described as a lightweight piece. I have seen such a description even on The North Fase site.
Note also that the structure of the material is such that it does not provide a water protection, it is simply not designed for this purpose.
What is 2 in the name
- This is the new version. They changed the garment to a flattering waist shape suitable for a feminine figure. So it is very aesthetically appealing but still very comfortable due to its stretchy properties.
- There are no side panels as in the old versions.
Pros & cons – users’ experience
My summary looks as follows:
– Shell A: 65D 315 g/m² 100% polyester Silken fleece.
– Shell B: 251 g/m² (7.4 oz/yd²) TKA Superstretch; 93% polyester, 7% elastane.
- Average weight: 540 g (19.01 oz).
- Length from center back: 26.5 in (67 cm).
- Sleeve length: 32 in (81 cm).
- Best use:
– Casual wear.
– Cold conditions.
- Guarantee: lifetime.
- Care: machine wash.
- Classic fleece jacket, relaxed fit.
- Hardface stretch fabric at cuff.
- Two secure-zip hand pockets.
In summary, The North Face Osito 2 jacket for women is a great tool for around-town use in wintertime, and as an outdoor piece of garment. It is not optimal for very dynamic activities, but it will protect you from the cold when you are in the camp or when you are taking a rest somewhere on the route or enjoying the views from a summit.
The price may be above some of Columbia jackets, but check at the various department on Amazon, it is very popular and they have it at several places there and with different price tags. The Osito II jacket is a nice piece for layering with any rain shell jacket, and in particular with the North Face rain jackets, like this Venture jacket, or the Resolve jacket.
If you need something more technical, please see this Outdoor Research Ferrosi Hoody jacket.
Thank you for reading. I shall be happy to hear from you, there is a comment box below. Have a nice day.