Do you know that there exists a new water filter that removes even viruses? This Survivor Filter PRO Review is about such a tool with 0.01-micron pores, currently without a match on the market. Read more below.
Key benefits & exceptional features
- It removes all bacteria and viruses.
- Great price.
Survivor Filter PRO – description
The name of this tool suggests that this is a filter, but there is much more to this. It removes everything above 0.01 microns., which includes all bacteria and viruses. See a bit more about the numbers below. This makes it a water purifier in the true sense.
How Filter PRO works
You will be able to see it working in the videos below. Here to stress the following:
- It has an ultra-fine primary inlet filter with pores of 0.1 microns. Being so fine, it removes debris and particulates, algae, pollen, and also bacteria like giardia, e. Coli, protozoa, cryptosporidium. It can be cleaned, and its capacity is up to 100000 liters (26417 gallons) of water.
- The next level in the filtering is a secondary internal carbon filter. Its capacity is up to 2000 liters (528 gallons) of water. It is there to improve the taste of water. There is a statement that it removes chemicals and heavy metals, but I would not count on this.
- The final stage is the internal ultrafilter which removes everything above 0.01 microns. There is no other filter on the market which could be a match for it, the closest competitor is MSR Guardian Purifier with the pores of 0.02 microns. The capacity of this third filter is up to 100000 liters (26417 gallons) of water. Apparently, it can be cleaned by back-flushing.
What is in the box
- Filter main body placed in a transparent cup.
- An inlet hose together with a primary inlet filter and floating elements, all in a separate plastic bag to avoid contaminating the rest of the set.
- Outlet hose.
- You get an extra inlet filter.
- A carry bag with a drawstring.
Everything in this tool is plastic or similar material, therefore durability may be an issue although the tool does not look so fragile and the plastic looks solid. But at the same time, this makes it so lightweight, only 227 grams. So be careful in using it and make sure to press the handle vertically to avoid damages.
The plastic cup is indeed a cup and you will use it to filter water and to drink from it, but it also protects the body of the pump.
What does it really filter out: see the size of micro-organisms
When it is about micro-organisms in water, in most cases you will deal with bacteria. Viruses need living organisms to survive longer, so they are not expected in water, but there are exceptions like Hepatitis A virus which can indeed survive for months both in fresh and saltwater.
♦ Viruses are typically in the size range from 20 to 400 nanometers, which in microns means from 0.02 to 0.4. The smallest known virus is the Porcine circovirus type 1 with a diameter of only 0.017 microns. So you realize that Survivor PRO pores are smaller and viruses should be effectively removed.
♦ Bacteria Escherichia coli is in the range 0.25 – 1 micron diameter.
♦ The smallest bacteria are above o.2 microns.
So if we rely on specifications, the Survivor Filter PRO is able to remove them all. What you have here is a water purifier.
Here is a very useful video where you can see all the features of the Survivor water filter PRO, please have a look:
- Best use: camping, hiking, trekking, fishing, vacationing, backpacking, for survivalists and preppers, for adventurers.
- Weight: 8 oz (227 g).
- Length: 6.5 inches (16.5 cm).
- Filtration speed: 500 ml (17 ounces) per minute.
- 264-gallon water capacity.
- Triple filtration down to 0.01 microns.
- It comes with a drinking cup and a carrying bag.
- All 3 filters are removable and can be cleaned or replaced.
- BPA free.
- Comes assembled and ready to use, with all three filters included.
- Detailed instructions and How to Use manual.
- It can be used directly from a fresh water source, pumped into an attached cup, OR pumped into any portable hydration pack.
- Guarantee: Money back guarantee, and lifetime warranty.
Pros & Cons
Here is my list:
In the descriptions, you will read that even the inlet filter removes toxins and heavy metal. I seriously doubt this and cannot understand why they needed such a statement. This is a great tool but let’s be realistic. No filter on the market can remove such things.
I have seen a video on YouTube with a person filtering his own pee. Can you guess what he had after the filtering? No need to do this, it is pointless.
Almost all filters clog sooner or later and Survivor PRO is not an exception. The filters can be cleaned, but you might need to replace them. This is easily done, and all of them can be replaced easily.
You might want to know that there is one filter on the market with a self-cleaning mechanism, MSR Guardian Purifier, have a look in my another text. But it comes at a price, it is 5 times more expensive, and its pores are 0.02 microns.
Survivor water filter PRO has received exceptional reviews everywhere. On Amazon, the average rate for this tool is 4.3/5, based on more than 600 customers’ reviews.
In conclusion of this Survivor Filter PRO review to stress again that this is an incredible tool. It comes with a great price tag and its properties regarding filtering are without a match. You will notice that its closest competitor has pores that are 2 times larger.
The water flow rate of this filter is good enough for solo use and for a couple, perhaps even for smaller families. This is a versatile tool suitable in various situations, not only for outdoor use but also in emergency situations, for travel and anywhere else. Note, if you need a smaller tool, you might want to see this Survivor Filter, thus the same brand but with 100 grams only.
Thank you for reading. If you find this text useful, please share it with others. I wish you a pleasant day.