Snow Peak Lago 1 tent is a solo, mountaineering 4-season tent which will keep you dry and safe in any weather conditions. The meaning of the term 4-season should be obvious. The tent is made of durable and breathable materials, and it features ventilation at the door and roof.
The 2-pole system is X-shaped and strong, typical for a 4-season tent. To find out more about winter tents please check my another text. As you can see from the picture, this tent does not have the usual vestibule. In fact, you have a space inside the tent which serves this purpose. This is again something related to its winter use.
Technical specifications and the summary of features
- Weight: 2.75 lbs (1.25 kg).
- Size: L 89 W 36 H 40 (inches); 226 x 91.4 x 102 (cm).
- Packed size: 5 x 11 (12.7 x 28 cm).
- Included: tent, fly sheet, 2 poles, repair pipe, 4 guy-lines, carrying case.
- Fly sheet: 20D polyester mini ripstop, PU coating, water-repellent coating.
- Inner tent: 20D polyester mini-ripstop, PU coating, water-repellent coating
- Floor: 30D polyester taffeta, PU coating, water-repellent coating.
- 2 Poles: ultra-light duraluminum A7001.
- A retractable floor at the entrance area; a useful feature when you are about to put on shoes, this keeps the floor clean.
- The vent can only be open from outside.
- No entrance vestibule, but this is compensated with the retractable floor inside.
Snow Peak Lago 2
This is a version for 2 people with completely the same features as the tent described above. Here are a few differences regarding the technical specifications and price:
- Weight: 3.1 lbs (1.4 kg).
- Dimensions (inches): L 89 W 51 H 40 (226 x 129.5 x 102 cm).
- Packed side: 5 x 13 inches (12.7 x 33 cm).
Please see how I rate this tent against my standard set of criteria used for all the tents here in the site so you can easily compare:
Thank you for reading. I shall be happy to see some comments from you.