Snow Peak Lago 1 tent is a solo, mountaineering 4-season tent which will keep you dry and safe in any weather conditions. The meaning of the term 4-season should be obvious.
The tent is made of durable and breathable materials, and it features ventilation at the door and roof.
- My rate: 8.8/10
Best place to buy
- The best place regarding the price and shipping conditions is usually Amazon.com.
The 2-pole system is X-shaped and strong, typical for a 4-season tent. To find out more about winter tents please check my another text. As you can see from the picture, this tent does not have the usual vestibule. In fact, you have a space inside the tent which serves this purpose. This is again something related to its winter use.
Technical specifications and the summary of features
- Weight: 2.75 lbs (1.25 kg).
- Size: L 89 W 36 H 40 (inches); 226 x 91.4 x 102 (cm).
- Packed size: 5 x 11 (12.7 x 28 cm).
- Included: tent, fly sheet, 2 poles, repair pipe, 4 guy-lines, carrying case.
- Fly sheet: 20D polyester mini ripstop, PU coating, water-repellent coating.
- Inner tent: 20D polyester mini ripstop, PU coating, water-repellent coating
- Floor: 30D polyester taffeta, PU coating, water-repellent coating.
- 2 Poles: ultra-light duraluminum A7001.
- A retractable floor at the entrance area; a useful feature when you are about to put on shoes, this keeps the floor clean.
- The vent can only be open from outside.
- No entrance vestibule, but this is compensated with the retractable floor inside.
Rating of Snow Peak Lago 1 Tent
Area - 9/10
Area/Weight ratio - 8.6/10
Packed size/Area ratio - 9.5/10
Reliability & protection - 9.5/10
Ease of use & features - 9.6/10
Price - 8/10
User Review( votes)
Snow Peak Lago 2
This is a version for 2 people with completely the same features as the tent described above.
Here are a few differences regarding the technical specifications and price:
- For the price go directly to Amazon.com.
- Weight: 3.1 lbs (1.4 kg).
- Dimensions (inches): L 89 W 51 H 40 (226 x 129.5 x 102 cm).
- Packed side: 5 x 13 inches (12.7 x 33 cm).
You can compare the Lago 1 tent with the bivy bag described in another review. The difference in weight is not substantial, but a tent like the one described here definitely gives more.
Thank you for reading. I shall be happy to see some comments from you.