Princeton TEC APEX rechargeable headlamp gives you 90 hours of burn time. Its rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack clips to the head strap, or alternatively it can be moved to the belt, or put into the backpack and connected through a power cable.
The lamp is delivered with a USB charging cable. It provides either a powerful spot beam through a single regulated max bright LED, or a bright flood through 4 white regulated ultra bright LEDs. Easy switching between modes is through two buttons.
- Power 275 lumens.
- Burn time 90 hours.
- 4 ultrabright LEDs, and max bright LED. These 4 LEDs you will use in many practical situations, like setting your tent, cooking, reading. They have 3 modes: high beam, low beam, and flash mode.
- Lithium Ion rechargeable battery.
- Weight 283 grams
- USB charging cable included, to use with your computer for example.
- 42″ extension cord which you will use to keep battery closer to your body, in the case of very cold conditions.
- Remote Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery.
- Charging time 3 to 4 hours. The supplied lithium-ion battery pack is expected to last for at least 1,000 charge/discharge cycles.
- Head Strap & Crown Strap.
- Head Strap Bracket.
- Velcro Strap to mount to Bike Helmet.
- Colors: orange and black.
- Warranty: lifetime warranty to customers in the USA. 10-year warranty to customers outside the USA.
- Designed for use in wet weather conditions, but not submersible.
- With the light off, the battery power meter continues blinking for 24 hours, indicating the current battery status. After 24 hours with no activity, the power meter turns off to conserve the power. After turning on the light again, the power meter resumes functioning.
Please have a look into this manual from the manufacturer. You will notice that burn time is defined by the producer as the total within which the lamp produces a minimum of 0.25 lux at 2 meters, where the amount of 0.25 lux is equivalent of a full moon on a clear night.
So the mentioned 90 hours time should be taken with some cautiousness. Having an equivalent to full moon is usually not what one expects from a headlamp. Nevertheless, my rate for this product is very high.
Rating of the Princeton Tec Apex headlamp
User Review( votes)
Best price & place to buy
- The best place regarding the price and shipping conditions is usually Amazon.com.
If this is not what you want, you may have a look into these Petzl models in the same or similar range:
You will notice that these three are all made with reactive lighting technology. When I compare various models, I bear in mind the following parameters: weight, price, light power, burn time.
You might want to compare the Tec Apex headlamp with the recently improved Black Diamond Sprinter 2017 headlamp, which is designed in the similar style.
Thank you for reading. I shall be happy to see some comments in the box below. I wish you a pleasant day!