In this Petzl Ultra Rush review you will read about an ultra-powerful headlamp, a model with constant lighting technology. It provides an incredible lighting power of no less than 760 lumens.
This is a model designed by Petzl for the most intense and demanding challenges, like mountain biking, trail running, skiing.
- My rate: 8.7/10. My reason for such a rate is the high price and weight. Compare this model with Petzl Tikka RXP.
- Place to buy: Amazon.
- Guarantee: 3 years for the lamp, 1 year (or 300 charging cycles) for the rechargeable battery.
The lighting features of Ultra Ruch model are summarized by Petzl in this table below:
The table shows the 4 lighting modes: minimum, economic, optimum, and maximum. Each of them represents a different ratio between power and burn time, which yields a burn time anywhere between 2 hours and incredible 38 hours.
The lamp includes a compact ACCU 2 ULTRA rechargeable battery, which is manufactured in such a way as to offer a balance between capacity and compactness.
Technical specifications and features
- Weight: 370 g. A bit heavy one must say.
- Energy: ACCU 2 ULTRA 2600 mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (included)
- Technology: CONSTANT LIGHTING. This guarantees brightness which will not diminish for the entire burn time. This is due to the property that the lamp switches to reserve mode when the battery is close to becoming flat.
- Recharge time: 3 h. Quick charger included.
- Included in the package: ACCU 2 ULTRA Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery (2600 mAh); 100/240 V charger with interchangeable EUR/US plug
- Beam pattern: mixed. This implies 4 four lighting levels which allow you to choose between power and burn time according to your specific need.
- Watertightness: IP 67 (waterproof to -1 meter for 30 minutes)
- Long-distance beam up to 170 meters
- Rotating selector knob; easy use, quick access to different modes
- Quick and easy battery removal.
- Reserve mode signaled by light flashes
- Resistance to falls and impacts.
Regarding the maintenance, please see the pdf article from the manufacturer (1.84 MB).
Thank you for reading, and please leave some comment in the box below. I shall be happy to read it. Have a nice day.