Osprey Xena 85 backpack is a women’s counterpart to the Xenith Series of Osprey. This means that the harness, hip belt and three torso sizes (XS, S, and M) are specially designed to fit women’s body.
Xena 85 provides an unmatched comfort and performance for backpackers, mountaineers, and those taking part in multi-day expeditions.
- The best place regarding the price and shipping conditions is usually Amazon.com.
- My rate: 9.2/10.
This is a pack with huge load hauling capabilities. Its Bioform CM hip-belt is customizable, and it supports and distributes the load in an even and comfortable way.
The torso-adjustable NeoSpacer harness and AirScape back panel are designed to provide ventilation and comfort.
Particularly great is Osprey’s unique stow-on-the-go™ feature applied to many of Osprey’s packs. It allows you to attach your trekking poles to the pack quickly and easily while you are on the move, without removing the pack from the back.
The top lid is removable and it can be used as a lumbar pack; it has its own shoulder straps.
Similar to the Xenith model, you have no less than 9 pockets: 2 pockets are on the hip belt, 2 side pockets on the lower part of the pack body, 2 large zippered compartments are on the top of the lid, 2 very large zippered pockets are on the front and they have vertically positioned zips, 1 large stretch mesh pocket is on top of these 2 pockets on the front face.
Here is a sentence from the manufacturer: “The Xena incorporates everything we’ve learned over the last 40 years about building durable, comfortable and intuitive expedition packs.”
Osprey founder Mike Pfotenhauer began Osprey as a business in 1974 in Santa Cruz, California. Nowadays, the company has grown into a world-renowned brand of technically stunning backpacks. They have produced dozens of packs for backpacking and they pioneered women-specific backpacks years ago.
Osprey Xena 85: technical specifications and features
- 210D high tenacity nylon pack cloth
- 420D nylon oxford
- 840D nylon power mesh
- 500D plain weave nylon oxford
- AirScape back panel with NeoSpacer harness.
- Pre-curved BioForm CM moldable hipbelt.
- Lightweight peripheral frame and single aluminum stay.
- Sternum strap with emergency whistle.
- Stow-on-the-go attachment cord.
- Adjustable torso length.
- External hydration access.
- Removable top lid, can be used as a lumbar pack.
- Access from the top, from the bottom and from both sides through zippered openings.
- Internal top load compression strap.
- Two zippered hip belt pockets.
- Twin ice axe loops.
- Maximum dimensions (cm): 95 (l) x 38 (w) x 38 (d).
You might like to read the manual for Osprey Xena from the manufacturer.
Xena packs are made also in the size of 70 liters. Here are basic features of Xena 70 pack.
I warmly recommend you to see this YouTube video about Osprey Xena and Osprey Xenith series:
So I hope this text about Osprey Xena 85 backpack has been useful to you. This is a truly great pack, among the best in its class. I have added it to my list of top-rated expedition packs. If you are still undecided, you might compare Xena 85 or Xena 70 with these packs:
Thank you for reading and please leave some comment in the box below. I shall be happy to read it.