Oboz Bridger Mid BDry hiking boot for men and women is a durable and reliable, waterproof and breathable tool suitable for hikers and backpackers.
- Very durable boots.
- Complete protection from elements.
- Quality materials.
Description – Oboz Bridger Mid BDry hiking boot for men
Bridger Mid boots are all-leather construction, so you have nubuck leather upper which makes it so robust and durable. At the same time, it is rather soft and with a minimal break-in time.
This is a hydrophobic material, constructed not to absorb water itself.
As you realize from the pictures, on the toe section you have a massive molded rubber cap for protection in the area which is most exposed and where you need it. Similarly, you have an extra rubber molded reinforcement on the heel section.
The tongue is gusseted as you can expect, so this together with the waterproof lining provides full protection in rain, and in crossing water streams.
The mentioned membrane is Oboz’s BDry tape-sealed polyurethane layer, which is fully waterproof but still breathable.
The lacing system is a combination that includes three metal and three webbing eyelets. The webbing ones are in the sections where more flexibility is needed, see the picture above.
The insole is shown in the picture above. This is what they call BFit Deluxe footbed which features a well-defined arch for support. The numbers in the picture describe the following: 1) Plush forefoot foam. 2) Structured heel cup and arch. 3) Medium-density foam throughout the insole. 4) Soft touch-moisture wicking top layer.
The sole structure is shown in the picture, and the four elements are as follows:
- Nylon shank.
- Dual Density EVA Midsole.
- Strong, lightweight, but flexible TPU chassis which protects feet from sharp objects, and provides torsional stability.
- Impressive, toothy carbon rubber bottom tread with side lugs and 4 mm directional lugs. This is Granite Peak carbon rubber, a high-friction, non-marking material. Its design (see the picture below) is such that it grips easily in all directions, regardless if the surface is wet or dry.
- Purpose: backpacking, hiking, daily life use
- Gender: men’s.
- Upper: waterproof nubuck leather.
- Molded rubber toe cap and heel counter.
- Lining: Oboz BDry waterproof and breathable membrane, and nylon mesh.
- Midsole: dual-density EVA.
- Support: thermoplastic urethane forefoot plate/nylon shank.
- Outsole: Granite Peak carbon rubber.
- Height: over-the-ankle.
- Closure: lace-up.
- Eyelets: 6 (3 metal + 3 webbing).
- BFit Deluxe insole.
- Standard fit.
- Warranty: one year limited.
- Item weight (pair): 2 lb 4 oz (1.02 kg).
- BDry waterproof, breathable membrane.
- Nylon mesh linings.
- Dual-density EVA midsoles.
- Rubber protection on toes and heels.
- High-friction, nonmarking rubber outsoles.
Oboz Women’s Bridger BDry Hiking Boot
There are no differences regarding the basic features of the model for men and women. Of course, you have small gender-related differences in the design, in colors, and in the size range. See how beautiful this boot looks like:
Conclusion & rating
To summarize this text about Oboz Bridger Mid BDry hiking boot for men and women, these are quality hiking tools with good ankle support and stability. Most suitable for hikers, they are also good enough for backpacking tours with not so heavy load. They are better suited for colder and wet environment. See below how I rate these boots:
Thank you for reading. I love to hear from you so please use the comment box below. I wish you a pleasant day.