Nemo Hornet tent is built of ultra-lightweight materials, and its one-person version weighs only 1 lb 11 oz. Such a small weight comes partly due to a single-pole system.
This is a free-standing construction (this means that the pole alone supports the tent and you can pitch it on any terrain), 3-season tent. It has a large side door, vestibule, pockets on the inside, and it provides quite enough space for one person and the gear.
Details about Nemo Hornet 1P tent
By many features, Hornet 1P tent is similar to Marmot Eos 1P but see the difference in price and weight. Hornet is far lighter but more expensive, and I give it a higher rate.
You might also want to compare Hornet 1P with the Outdoor Research Advanced Bivy sack (with 1056 grams, and $256). I would say that Hornet tent is a far better option.
The comments received by users of this tent are without exception very positive.
Technical specifications and features:
- Minimum weight: 1 lb, 11 oz (765 g); this is the tent, pole(s), plus fly.
- Trail weight: 2 lb 0 oz (910 g); this is the minimum weight plus stuff sack, guy lines, stakes.
- Packed size: 19 x 4 inches (48 x 10 cm).
- Dimensions: 87 x 40 (footwidth 31) inches [221 x 100 (footwidth 79 cm)].
- Height 40 in (102 cm).
- Floor area 21 sq ft (2.0 sq m).
- Vestibule Area 8 sq ft / 0.8 sq m.
- Frame description 1 DAC 8.7 mm Featherlite NFL.
- Vestibule fabric: 7 D PeU nylon ripstop (1200mm).
- Fly fabric 7 D PeU nylon ripstop (1200mm).
- Canopy fabric 20 D nylon ripstop; no see um mesh.
- Floor: 20 D PeU nylon ripstop (1200mm).
- Fully seam taped construction.
Nemo Hornet 2P tent
Completely the same design as the 1P version but with 2 doors. See how it looks:
Here are some differences with respect to Hornet 1P:
- Minimum weight: 2 lbs (910 g).
- Trail weight: 2 lbs 5 oz (1000 g).
- Dimensions 85 x 51 (footwidth 43) inches [216 x 128 (footwidth 108) cm].
- Floor area: 28 sq ft (2.6 sq m).
- Vestibule area: 16 sq ft (1.5 sq m).
- 2 doors.
- Packed size 19 x 5 in (48 x 12 cm).
I hope this Nemo Hornet Tent review was useful. If this is so, please share it on your favorite social media. These are truly great ultra-lightweight tents, ideal for backpacking. Please see how I rate the solo tent:
Thank you for reading. I shall be happy to have some comments and to answer any question from you, there is a comment box below for that purpose.