This Nemo Blaze 2P tent review is about a great non-freestanding, 3-season, ultra lightweight, 2 lbs (907 grams) backpacking 30 square foot tent, that offers two doors and two vestibules.
In view of such a lightweight, it can be used as a solo tent as well.
- My rate: 8.7/10.
Best place to buy
- The best place regarding the price and shipping conditions is usually Amazon.com.
Nemo Blaze 2P tent has one ultralight pole only, with an extra piece of pole crossing the main pole to keep the height, which you can see here on the right.
The tent comes with lightweight stakes. 2 mesh pockets are available on both sides, plus one pocket above the head where you can put the lamp.
Blaze 2P is a 2-layer tent, the canopy mesh implies a great breathability and reduces condensation.
In view of so lightweight materials, including the floor area, you might want to consider purchasing a separate footprint. It is available for both 2P and 1P models.
- Minimum weight: 2 lbs 0 oz (907 g).
- 2 doors.
- 2 vestibules.
- Trail weight: 2 lbs 5 oz (1 kg 49 g).
- Packed size: 17 x 5 in (43 x 12 cm).
- Floor: 85 x 50 in (216 x 127 cm); 30 sq ft (2.8 sq m).
- Height: 40 in (101 cm).
- Vestibule area: 13 sq ft (1.2 sq m).
- Pole: 1 DAC 8.7 mm featherlight NFL.
- Material: fly fabric – extremely lightweight 7 D PeU nylon ripstop (1200mm); canopy – no-see-um mesh; floor – 20 D PeU nylon ripstop (1200 mm).
In spite of 2 doors and 2 vestibules, I rank this tent slightly below Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 mainly because of the price.
Comparison with competitors
I have made a comparison table, which includes Nemo Blaze 2P and a few other tents presented in the site. This might help you in deciding what suits you bets. These are all freestanding tents for 2 people. Have a look:
Copper Spur UL2
Fly Creek Platinum
|Surface sq m||2.8||2.7||2.6|
As I said, Nemo Blaze 2P can be used as a solo tent, but Nemo has produced a separate solo version as well, see below.
Nemo Blaze 1 Person Tent
This is the same design and materials as the 2P tent, just modified for a soloist.
- To buy, check at Amazon.com.
- Minimum weight: 1 lb 12 oz (790 g).
- Trail weight: 2 lbs 0 oz (907 g).
- Floor: 84 x 30 in (213 x 76 cm); 18 sq ft (1.7 sq m).
- Vestibule: 6 sq ft (0.6 sq m).
- Height: 40 in (101 cm).
- Packed size 15 x 4 in (39 x 10 cm).
I rate it below Big Agnes Fly Creek UL1 type because of the price, smaller surface, bigger trail weight.
Was this Nemo Blaze 2P tent review useful? Please do not miss to compare this tent with:
Thank you for reading. Please leave your comments in the box below.