This Marmot Limelight 3P tent review is about a 3-season, 3-people, 3-pole structure, freestanding back-country travel tent, with 2 doors and 2 vestibules. It comes with a footprint and a gear loft.
The body of this tent is made of mesh and nylon panels mixed at various parts of the tent body, so ventilation is not supposed to be a problem.
Three poles make a sturdy construction, 2 of them are loops crossing each other in an x-shaped structure, and the third brow pole crosses the other two, which adds to the stability and pulls the sides of the tent out from the interior. This adds a lot of space at the shoulder and head height, and the side walls are nearly vertical.
The fly is fully waterproof and with all seams taped. It is large and provides cover for the vestibules at both sides in front of the doors. The fly and the tent body are color-coded so you will not have a problem to find out which corner of the fly goes where.
There are UV resistant welded and waterproof windows on the fly. The doors roll up to the side and can be attached to the wall. There are mesh pockets in the corners of the tent.
The package allows for the fast fly variant which includes poles, the fly, and the footprint.
Marmot Limelight 3P is a free-standing tent. This is an important feature because you may be on a ground where using stakes is not possible, like on a rocky terrain or a frozen surface. I have a bad experience of that kind with my own non-freestanding tent. Please see more in this video:
Technical specifications & summary of features
- Minimal weight: 5 lbs 15 oz (2692 gr). This includes poles, body, fly.
- Full weight: 6 lbs 11 oz (3032 gr).
- Packed size: 22 x 8 in (56 x 20.3 cm).
- Dimensions (H x W x L): 46 x 66 x 93 in (117 x 168 x 236 cm).
- Floor surface: 42.6 sq ft (4 sq m).
- Vestibule surface: 10 sq ft (0.93 sq m) + 10 sq ft (0.93 sq m).
- Floor: 70D 100% nylon PU 3000mm W/R, F/R.
- Canopy: 68D 100% polyester ripstop, F/R; 40D 100% polyester no-see-um mesh F/R.
- Fly: 68D 100% polyester ripstop 1800mm, W/R, F/R.
- Poles: 3, DAC Press-Fit 9 mm.
- 2 doors, 2 vestibules.
- Fast fly variant possible.
- Gear loft included.
- Footprint included.
- Seam taped fly with vents; seam-taped floor.
- Color-coded “easy pitch” clips and poles.
- Interior pockets.
- Light reflective points.
- Jingle-free nylon zipper pulls.
- Frankly speaking, it is hard to find any. The obvious one, the weight, is not as bad as you may think on the first look, but this is not to be carried on the trail.
I hope this Marmot Limelight 3P tent review has been useful to you. This is a great tent and a great design, an item that has been around for years already. If used by 3 people, the weight should not make any problem as its elements can be shared among them. But it is best suited for camping at places with a motorized access, or in any situations where you would not have to carry it long distances. Fully recommended.
The tent has received a number of reports on Amazon and the average rating as of the moment of writing this text is incredibly high.
Thank you for reading. I shall be happy to hear from you, so please leave some comments in the box below.