As its name says, Gregory J28 women pack is specifically designed for a female body. This is a great pack for day hikes with CrossFlo suspension which is hardly matched by any other pack from the same size range.
Where to buy
- The best place regarding the price and shipping conditions is usually Amazon.com.
Gregory J28 backpack has an excellent ventilation system. It is based on a tensioned mesh and the pack body is completely separated from your back.
You can put an arm between your back and the pack, and move it up and down the whole length of the back; this demonstrates how much of air circulation is taking place there.
The mesh is tensioned by profiled steel plates which, in the same time, transfer the load to the hip belt area. Carrying up to 33 pounds (15 kg) should not be a problem with such a system in place.
This is accompanied with an anatomically built harness, which is specifically made for women’s body. The height-adjustable sternum strap and load lifters are the usual elements of this configuration.
Te hip belt is generously padded for such a relatively small backpack, not a bad feature of course. 2 small belt pockets are there, one on each side.
On the top, you have a really large zippered pocket and one additional pocket is under the top lid, accessible from inside.
The zippered entrance to the main compartment is from the top. There is a hydration sleeve inside the main compartment.
On the front, you have a vertical zippered entrance to a large front pocket, and beneath this pocket, you have a quite large storage area with the access form above, secured by a quick release buckle.
Attachment loops are available on both sides of the pack close to the lid, and they are paired with 2 loops on the bottom of the front, to use for ice-axe and trekking poles.
2 compression straps and 1 mesh pocket are available on each side of the pack.
On the lower part of the front, you have a zippered pocket with an integrated rain cover.
Technical specifications and summary of features
- S model: 28 L (1708 cu in)
Weight: 0.93 kg (2 lbs 1 oz)
Torso: 41 – 46 cm (16 – 18 in).
- M model: 30 L (1830 cu in)
Weight: 1.20 kg (2 lbs 4 oz)
Torso: 46 – 51 cm (18 – 20 in).
- Load: up to 15 kg (33 lbs).
- Updated CrossFlo suspension.
- Ventilated EVA foam on hip belt and shoulder harnesses.
- Hybrid top-loading panel access to the main body.
- Zippered pockets on exterior and interior of hybrid panel access.
- Front bucket pocket for quick gear storage.
- Two external stretch water bottle pockets.
- Dual quick-access hip belt pockets.
- Interior hydration sleeve with a hose port.
- Interior security pocket with key clip.
- Hideaway ice axe/trekking pole loops.
- Side and bottom compression straps.
- Quick-attach, integrated color-matched rain cover.
- Materials: 210D robic dynagin, 100D robic GR shadowbox, 200D polyester oxford, 265g polyester stretch woven and 190T nylon taffeta.
- Colors: moonrise purple, fog gray, astral red.
Here is a video from Gregory company about Z&J series:
So this was my story about Gregory J28 women pack. I must say that I love Deuter Trans Alpine 30 more, but the suspension system of this particular Gregory pack really forces me to give it a higher rate, regardless of some nice features that you may find in the other brands in the table. Gregory J28 is simply a wonderful pack.
If you find this text useful, feel free to share it with others. Thank you for reading. Please share with me some thoughts about this pack or anything else, there is a comment box below. Thank you.