Ahnu Sugarpine hiking boots for women are ultra-lightweight, only 660 grams/pair, athletic-inspired boots with a truly eye-catching style, with a waterproof and breathable technology, currently the bestselling women’s hiking boots on Amazon. See more in the text.
- Waterproof and breathable.
- 10 different color combinations.
- Easy to maintain and clean.
- Great price.
Ahnu Sugarpine: Description
The first thing which you cannot miss to notice with these boots are their colors, no less than 10 different combinations as you can see from this picture. Each boot includes several different colors of the upper, sole and overlays:
In the moment of writing this text, these boots come with the price tag in the range from $84 to $140, dependent on the size. You can compare this with several other models described in the site, like Lowa Renegade GTX with $220, Vasque Taku $180, and Keen Targhee $135. These are current prices, but they are updated daily so please check the links for updates.
The upper and construction
You have very modern materials used here. The upper is a durable synthetic with suede overlays at some places for reinforcement and support, and a waterproof mesh, with a moisture-wicking mesh lining inside. So this is Ahnu’s waterproof and very breathable combination which provides a lot of comfort and the feeling of running shoes on your feet.
Note, suede is leather, just to know if you are vegan.
When you think about the stability which boots are supposed to provide, this typically implies the following elements:
- Ankle support.
- Front flexibility.
- Comfortable insole.
- Strong outsole with torsional stability.
These boots perform well in all these criteria. They are with the shaft which measures approximately 5.75 inches (14.6 cm) from arch so you have a good ankle support.
The synthetic materials used in the construction provide an athletic forefoot flexibility. High-density EVA plugs at the heel provide athletic feeling while offering the heel stability appropriate for the most rugged hikers. EVA insole is there to provide extra shock absorption. You also have what they call Numentum HIKE technology, which is engineered to center and guide the foot.
The non-marking Vibram outsole speaks for itself, it provides a great traction on both wet and dry surfaces.
The boost are with 5 pairs of eyelets, with a gusseted tongue, with a rubber toe protector, and the shock dispersal plate in the forefoot which helps with impact cushioning and prevents bruising from impact with hard objects.
Overall, these boots do not look so bulky; this together with their extraordinary weight of 330 grams per boot makes them rather versatile, suitable for outdoor activities as well as for travel.
Here is a video with a lady who is obviously happy with the boots. See how easily she cleans them from the dust:
Pros and cons
Here I summarize the most obvious pros and cons:
It seems that most of the complaints are about the sizing, so bear this in mind and order at least half a size bigger. I would test them immediately after receiving them, to be sure that they deliver what is promised regarding waterproofness and breathability.
- Gender: women’s.
- Purpose: hiking, backpacking, mountaineering, daily life use, travel.
- Average weight (per boot): 11.6 oz (330 g).
- Height: over-the-ankle.
- Ahnu’s waterproof, breathable technology.
- Waterproof mesh, leather and suede upper.
- Moisture-wicking mesh lining.
- Rubber toe protector.
- Dual-density EVA, removable footbed provides extra shock absorption.
- Integrated nylon shank and arch support provide torsional rigidity and midfoot support.
- Shock dispersal plate in forefoot for stone bruising protection.
- Gusseted tongue helps keep debris and dirt out.
- Vibram non-marking outsole and slip-resistant lugs for excellent grip and traction on various surfaces.
- Numentum Hike technology with a lateral to medial TPU heel clip for neutral positioning and stability.
- Guarantee – here is a statement from Ahnu: Ahnu products are warranted to provide normal wear and be free from defective materials or faulty manufacturing for one year from confirmed date of purchase. Any products beyond one year will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
To conclude, Ahnu Sugarpine hiking boots for women are with colors that are without a match on the market. Ultra lightweight, they are suitable both for outdoor activity and for travel. Clearly, it is easy to see why these boots are currently the number one, best selling item on Amazon in the women’s hiking boots department.
Note that Ahnu has also low-cut items in the Sugarpine series, in the same colors and with similar design and features, see these Sugarpine hiking shoes. Ahnu is best known for its Montara boots which are highly rated in various outdoor magazines and sites.
You might want to compare these boots with these advanced Salomon X Ultra 3 Mid GTX Hiking Boots For Women. In case you want something insulated, and for snow and winter conditions, please check these Oboz Bridger 7 Insulated boots.
Thank you for reading. It will be great to hear from you, please use the comment box below in the case of questions and comments.